TRL's widely respected Incident Investigation and Reconstruction Group consists of expert scientists, engineers and technicians, who specialise in the forensic investigation of incidents involving road traffic, the road environment and road user behaviour. Our Video Investigations Team further this capability in providing forensic image analysis of incidents and vehicles captured via systems such as CCTV.
We provide independent and impartial advice in:
- Incident Investigation and Reconstruction
- ‘Black box' Data Analysis
- Collision Data Retrieval Tool
- Visualisation and Simulations
- Video and Photographic Analysis
- Highway Investigations
- Forensic Analysis of Components
- Human Injury and Biomechanics
Please click on an area of expertise above for more information.
We specialise in:
- Vehicle inspections
- Scene visits
- Scene plans
- Video analysis from CCTV
- Visualisation and simulations
- Black box data retrieval & analysis
- Forensic analysis of components
- Letters of advice
- Full reconstruction reports
- Providing expert witness evidence at court
- Review and comment on reports prepared by other experts
- Bespoke testing using our extensive vehicle impact test and track facilities
Why work with us?
We look at the contribution of human, vehicle and environmental factors, and give advice on individual issues to complex, multidisciplinary investigations. After an initial review of available documentation, our experts are able to provide preliminary advice focusing on the main issues, thereby providing you with early and cost-effective advice to better inform subsequent decisions on liability and assist in reducing overall client and court costs. A full reconstruction report will give you a clear understanding of the contributory factors of the accident.
Our clients and previous cases
Our wide variety of public and private clients include: police forces, public bodies, road authorities, insurers, private companies, claimants and defendants in both Civil and Criminal proceedings.
We have worked on many high profile and sensitive cases including Operation Paget ( Diana, Princess of Wales case), the Ipswich murders and the 21 July bombings in London.
Incident Investigation and Reconstruction Group
DX: 48602 Crowthorne
Tel: 01344 770892
Fax: 01344 770894