A research programme was designed, which followed a sequence of seven distinct studies, beginning with analysis of collision statistics, progressing through user surveys and interviews, simulation studies and culminating in two on-street trials. Earlier stages therefore informed later stages and helped to manage risk.
The main report provides a summary and analysis of the collective findings from this programme of work in order to develop recommendations.
- PPR1003 Side road zebras - main summary report
- PPR1004 Technical Annex 1: Analysis of collisions at existing sites
- PPR1005 Technical Annex 2: User surveys at existing sites
- PPR1006 Technical Annex 3: Effectiveness of alternative markings
- PPR1007 Technical Annex 4: Road user understanding of side road crossings
- PPR1008 Technical Annex 5: Implications for people with disabilities
- PPR1009 Technical Annex 6: Driver simulator trials
- PPR1010 Technical Annex 7: On street trials